If you don't recognize the bottom two places of interest in the ice, it is Mabry Mill on the parkway. Jas and I stayed @ www.oakhavenlodge.com which was very nice. The room was big, and clean, and affordable. The view from both our windows wasn't spectacular but we were close to town. We had dinner at the Old Pine Tavern ( www.thepinetavern.com ) last night. I had the best steak I have ever put in my mouth (sorry Bubba! ). And it was very affordable as well. We visited www.floydcountrystore.com last night after dinner. They had live bluegrass with dancing (clog and square). Jas and I didn't participate but we enjoyed watching. I hope to convince him to take lessons so that this summer we can stay at the cabin and drive over for some dancing! We had a really nice time! I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will try to post more.
Naomi had a good time with Papaw Jack and Mamaw Myra too!
So, for all of those who said " What is in Floyd?" Now you know! It was a great trip, and we saw just a few snowflakes this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment