It's Friday...one year ago today I was sitting on a quiet pier at White Lake when my phone began to ring. Today (not the date just this Friday) my Daddy left us one year ago...He spoke his last words to mom..and now he is in heaven playing his banjo for Jesus. I can hear him singing Amazing Grace right now...he hummed it all the time.. And that night he stepped out into eternity I hummed it right by his bed. I still want to pick up the phone and call him to ask him something, or to tell me how to fix something. When I call mom's house I halfway still expect him to answer the phone. I would love to hear his voice again, see his smile, or hear him laugh...or even hear him fuss at me about something. They say time heals, and I suppose it does, but the hole he left in my heart will be there forever, and I know that mom's heart is broken today as well...As she thinks back over the events of this time last year. I love my Daddy. He always called me baby...Forever I will be his baby. Mom, I love you, and I am sorry that Daddy left us.. but we can do it. He would want us to! And I am sure as I was bush hogging last Friday night he was sitting in heaven laughing and saying "What does that girl think she's doing? She doesn't know how to drive my tractor!" As I look back over the years I try to remember the good things and hold on to them. I will never forget how much Naomi could make that man smile. She was his shadow. And I am grateful for the time they shared. I just wish there could have been more. I love you Daddy! Blowing you kisses from here...
No comments:
Post a Comment